Terms and Conditions and Returns Policy
This website is operated by "athomeinthecountry.co.uk" (referred to as "we/our/us"). As user of this website
(referred to as "you/your") you acknowledge that any use of this website including any transations you make
("use/using") is subject to our terms and conditions below. Please read through these terms and conditions
carefully before using this website.
By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
If you have any questions please follow the instructions on the Contact Us page.
1. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect
when posted on the website and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you
use this website and your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest
terms and conditions.
2. You accept that these conditions and the documents referred to in them, constitute the entire agreement
and understanding of the parties, and supersedes any previous agreement. No variation of these conditions shall be valid unless agreed in writing.
3. Where goods are sold as a consumer sale (as defined by the Sale of Goods Act 1979), your statutory rights
are not affected by these conditions.
4. If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use
5. By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the terms and conditions. All
orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price. All prices are inclusive of VAT.
Delivery costs will be charged in addition to the price of the product unless you qualify for a carriage free
*5.1 Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on despatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it.
*5.2 Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate,errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled.
6. Full payment for the price of the goods and delivery is required before we despatch.
7. We aim to deliver within 1 to 5 working days, however we cannot guarantee delivery within this time.
8. Whilst we shall make every effort to deliver the goods in accordance with any times specified in the Contract,
time shall not be of the essence in this regard.
9. Delivery is charged in accordance with our Delivery Policy.
10. We may deliver the goods in instalments and each instalment shall be treated as a separate Contract so that failure to deliver or defect in one or more instalments shall not entitle you to reject the other instalments.
11. We shall not be in breach of this Agreement or liable for any delay to delivery caused by an event outside our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, industrial disputes, flood, fire,explosion, accidents, IT and network breakdowns.
12. Goods shall pass to you immediately upon leaving our premises.
13. We reserve the right to alter prices and withdraw products for sale without written notice.
14. In order to make a claim of transit damage against a courier for transit damaged goods we must be notified within 48 hours of the delivery and we will require - preferably at the time of delivery - photographs of the goods and the box. Should goods arrive with damaged packaging you are expected to sign as such on the delivery note and we strongly advise that you insist on checking the contents prior to signing for acceptance, as you will be otherwise signing that goods have been received in good condition. Please retain all packaging until you are satisfied with the goods. You will be responsible for any loss or damage to the goods which may occur after delivery to you.
15. In the unlikely event that the goods are damaged, you may return them within 14 working days to our business premises for exchange or a full refund of the purchase price. Please contact us before sending anything back Please keep the packaging and return this with the goods. It is necessary that you please inform us within 5 days of receiving your order.
*16.1 Goods should be returned at your own cost, and in their original condition and packaging. On receipt
of the returned goods we will despatch a replacement or provide a refund.
*16.2 You will be liable for any damage to the goods caused while in your possession in accordance with
*16.3 If we do not receive the returned goods within the 14 working day period you will be deemed to have
accepted the goods.
17. We warrant that (subject to the other provisions of these conditions) the goods are of satisfactory
quality (as defined in the Sale of Goods Act 1979) but do not warrant that the goods are fit for any
purpose other than for that which they are specifically intended.
18. Without prejudice to the above Clause 17 our liability for:
*18.1 Any defect shall be limited to replacing the defective goods or refunding to you the price of the goods. Save as precluded by law, we will not we be liable for any indirect, consequential or economic loss, loss of profits business or goodwill, damage or expenses, including arising out of the defect.
*18.2 All other liabilities not referred to in these conditions is limited in damages to the price of the goods.
19. If we fail to enforce any of these conditions, that shall not mean we have waived any of our rights,
and we retain the right to enforce any of these conditions at any time.
20. All transactions carried out are deemed to be implemented within the United Kingdom and therefore shall be governed by and interpreted by English Law. The English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in all matters.
21. UK Customers: Please send returns via the Royal Mail. Please get a Certificate of Posting (free) so
that in the event of the goods being lost in transit we can fulfil your request.
22. International Customers: Please send returns in a Pre-paid and Insured Package. Please mark the
package on the outside "Returned Goods" to avoid any difficulties at Customs. Please keep your shipping
Compaints and Disputes
23. If you have a complaint about the Goods or service, you should contact "athomeinthecountry.co.uk" at the
Orchid Designs Ltd trading as At Home in the Country retains full copyright to all photographs and content of this website. Reproduction by our permission only please.
Orchid Designs Ltd trading as At Home in the Country
1B Dearne Park Industrial Estate, Park Mill Way, Clayton West, Huddersfield HD8 9XJ
West Yorkshire. England.
Tel: 01484 865359 e-mail: email@example.com
Registered UK 3682610